Standard Priority tasks are typically completed within 4 business days*.
Highest Priority tasks are typically completed within 2 business days*.
*Average turnaround time is calculated based on the time a task is in "In Progress" status with us waiting for us to fully action it. When we send a reply or set a task as "Waiting on Customer" or "Waiting on a 3rd Party" (such as a hosting or software company support) we don't count this waiting time in our calculation.
For example if you request a task on a Monday, and then we ask you a question on that Monday and set the task to Waiting on You and you don't respond until Tuesday afternoon, while 24 hours may have passed for you, we still consider and treat that there are 3.5 days left of the 4 day turnaround.
How is task priority & expected turnaround determined?
For all tasks we follow a first come first served priority model, meaning tasks that were submitted yesterday take a priority over new tasks submitted today. This then combines with the priority level of your current plan and the current availability of the appropriate hero (Web, Design or Automation) with the skill level to work on your task to ultimately determine when your task is started and will then likely be completed.
Do you guarantee turnaround times?
No. By the nature of the technical tasks we do, there are so many variables outside of our control. Such as...
- Time it takes for you to respond to our questions
- Bugs with software platforms
- Revisions and changes of mind
- Waiting for 3rd parties (such as hosting or software companies) to provide information or answers
- Load of tasks currently being experienced by our team
Why do some tasks I send in after an earlier task get completed first?
While our primary prioritization method is based on when the task was submitted, it does depend on which hero team your task is for and the load that that team is currently under.
For example if your first task was a Web task (usually our most in demand team) it may have more tasks ahead of yours waiting for an available hero to start work on it.
While your second task may have been a Design or Automation Task if at the time you sent it in they were in a lower demand period and could work on it almost immediately this would likely lead to your second task being completed before your first.
What if it's urgent or a high priority for me?
We understand that there will be times that you need us to prioritise your tasks above the regular tasks we are handling.
That's why we offer the ability to purchase a "Priority Pass" to jump your task up our priority queue.
Purchasing a Priority Pass Upgrade doesn't guarantee a completion time however it does guarantee a faster start on your task no matter what base subscription plan you are on (and the sooner we start the sooner we'll complete it).
Tips to speed up task completion time
- Provide clear instructions (use some of the Best Ways To Explain Your Task)
- Break your tasks up into smaller chunks (see Breaking Your Projects Down Into Tasks)
- Provide all logins required and test they work before you give them to us
- Purchase a Priority Pass to have it started on faster
- Consider upgrading to a Plan with a Higher Priority Response Time Average and Higher Active Tasks Limit